A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
is a story-driven tactical game set in a sci-fi theme with a strong focus on turned based combat. While staying loyal to the core elements of the genre, we decided to introduce new gameplay features as well as elements from other genres, making Eternal Escape a unique experience.
- Strong focus on exploration and turn-based tactical combat
- Deep and complex combat-system, easy to learn but hard to master
- Test and experiment before actually executing the choices you made - a unique feature and key element of our gameplay
- Detailed and comprehensible feedback during combat
- High replayability: different strategies to approach a mission
- Four main classes with different weapons and unique skills and several lead characters having their own set of skills
- Make use of the environment for your own tactical advantage: destroy walls, climb hills for better view, hide and attack behind covers
- Huge space station with a wide diversity of settings, like prison facility, research labs, biospheres and also planetary surfaces
- Areas might change over the course of the game and could be revisited to unlock secrets and optional missions
- Story-driven: Each team members has his own background-story and motivation
- Faction system: Different factions are in war with each other, choose your allies carefully
Being passionate gamers for decades, we played and finished games from all kinds of genres, though most of all we enjoyed RPGs and TBTs (Turn-based tactics) in particular. We loved to play games like UFO, XCOM, Jagged Alliance and Valkyria Chronicles. Unfortunately good TBTs are rare finds these days, often lacking the complexity and depth of former titles.
After graduating from our game development studies in Trier, Germany, we decided to turn our hobby into one goal: Developing a turn-based tactical game that combines tactical gameplay with strategy and role-playing elements. We liked the idea to add more complexity to the game, while making sure the rules are easy to understand und it’s still fun to play.
While definitely a tactical game at its core, we like to add new innovative elements as well as elements from other genres. For instance we decided to go for a free adjustable third person camera instead of the usual isometric view, the introduction of role-play elements, like individual attributes, skills and classes. Moreover you have the ability to test and plan every action before executing the choices you make, therefore improving the overall transparency of your action's consequences.
The game itself is divided into 3 parts:
- Tactical Missions: consisting of combat and exploration, both being turn-based. Most of the time you will play missions fighting your adversaries.
- Key Areas: Customize your team in headquarters: assemble and equip your squad, pick and develop your squad skills. Other key areas involve trading, recruiting or story-development.
- Scenario Map: Choose between several missions, defeat random encounters while traveling and visit different key areas.
Story & Setting
The story centers around our protagonist who has been imprisoned in a high security facility. His past yet to be revealed during the course of the game, it is uncertain why he has been taken captive, what crime he has committed. Word is that nobody has ever escaped this prison ...alive.
The prison is part of a colossal space station run by the government, military and some major corporations. Because of the nature of its research, ranging from military appliances to biological warfare, the station is located in a remote part of our galaxy and isolated from human society by the vast vacuum of space.
A recent incident caused great havoc almost resulting in the complete destruction of the station, although our inmates are still unaware of the scope of events around them.... until now. Now it's up to you - use the turmoil to your advantage. In order to escape you have to forge alliances with different factions within the prison and recruit inmates for your team. Only if you uncover the truth about your past as well as find and eliminate the cause of the incident that brought the station to the brink of destruction you might be able to escape this madness.
The development of Eternal Escape is currently in the pre-alpha stage. The current content is not representative for the final release and might be subject to change. The story-driven game will be released episode-wise to allow earlier access to the game and still be able to expand the universe with new missions, areas, characters and skills over time. Each episode will be a stand-alone game with a self-contained story.
|Updated||24 days ago|
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux|
|Authors||Team Goji, BiBoetzke|
|Genre||Strategy, Role Playing|
|Made with||Unreal Engine, ZBrush, 3ds Max, Maya, Adobe Photoshop|
|Tags||Sci-fi, Singleplayer, Strategy RPG, Tactical, Tactical RPG, Turn-based, Turn-Based Combat, Turn-based Strategy, Unreal Engine|
|Average session||About an hour|
|Languages||German, English, Spanish; Castilian, French|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Mouse, Xbox controller|
|Accessibility||Subtitles, Configurable controls, Interactive tutorial|
|Links||Homepage, Twitter, Reddit, Youtube, Discord|
Eternal Escape Gameplay Demo Pre-Alpha
(language: english only)
Please install the demo via launcher by starting EE_Launcher executable. You can choose your favorite install location, after that the launcher will download and install the demo.
Open the launcher by starting EternalEscape executable. Every time the launcher starts, it will check for updates and news.
Memory: 8 GB RAM (16 GB recommended)
API: DirectX 11 / Metal 1 or 2 / OpenGL 4 or Vulkan
OS(64bit only): Windows, MacOS, Linux
Storage: 3.5 GB to 4.5 GB available space (depends on OS)
Processor: Intel Core i5-4430 or comparable AMD CPU (4-Core)
Graphics: GeForce GTX 950 or comparable Radeon GPU (min. 4 GB)
Processor: Intel Core i7-8700K or comparable AMD CPU (6-Core)
Graphics: GeForce GTX 1060 or comparable Radeon GPU (min. 6 GB)
The content of this demo like levels, models or special skill are elements of an advanced prototype and most of them won't be included in the final game in their current form. The purpose of this demo is to demonstrate general gameplay and special features during tactical missions. We hope you enjoy playing the demo as much as we did!
- Status Update August / September | Gamescom 201924 days ago
- Status Update June / July ’19 | Our social media accounts70 days ago
- Status Update April/May '19 | Comparison between EternalEscape and other turn-ba...Jun 11, 2019
- STATUS UPDATE MAR ’19 | A SHORT PRESENTATION OF OUR CLASSESMay 15, 2019
- Status Update Feb ’19 | Glimpse of our concept artApr 08, 2019
- Status Update Dec ’18 - Jan '19 | 2018 in ReviewFeb 07, 2019
- Status Update Nov ’18 | Christmas holiday postDec 24, 2018
- Status Update September-October ’18 | Gameplay Demo Version Pre-Alpha 0.2.8Dec 03, 2018